In this article, I have compiled a list of the 5 best wireless mouse for Linux so that you don’t need to scratch your head looking for a mouse you can trust to work and function as expected.
I refined these mice from a long list and selected the best that outperformed the rest in durability, comfort, price, and features.
You can buy any of the listed mice from Amazon US through the given links and I will earn a little affiliate commison as a thank you.
Going for the mouses in this list will make your life easier on Linux and boost your productivity.
- 1. TECKNET 3 Modes Bluetooth Wireless Mouse
- 2. Logitech M705 Marathon Wireless Mouse
- 3. Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
- 4. TECKNET Pro Ergonomic Wireless Optical Mouse
- 5. Logitech MX Master 3 Advanced Wireless Mouse
This Tecknet mouse is a truly wireless mouse compatible with Linux, MacBook, Windows, and Android; it can connect up to 3 devices at once and easily switch between the devices with one click.
It supports both Bluetooth version 5.0 and 3.0, and WiFi. Perfect for connecting with a Smart TV and PC over a range of 10 meters.
This mouse has 3 DPI levels and precise optical tracking with or without a mousepad. Users can change DPI levels from 1000 to 2400 with just a click.
It’s Ergonomic design makes it easy to handle the mouse and use it for a more extended time without your hands aching.
It is suitable for all right and left-handed people due to its symmetric design and an anti-sweat, anti-fingerprint surface.
This mouse has a very traditional design; the combination of blue and black gives it a pretty flattering look. The shape of the mouse and its contoured design makes it possible for the users to use it for hours continuously.
If you are searching for a mouse that works out of the box, looks fantastic on your desk, and offers impressive performance, I highly recommend this TECKNET Bluetooth Wireless Mouse.
- Enable High-Efficiency Multiple Working Modes: 3 modes Mouse(BT5.0 & BT3.0 + 2.4GHz), this Bluetooth wireless mouse realizes free switches between 3 devices in a mouse only one Switch. Simple & convenient to work from the desktop to the tablet, or laptop to Macbook, etc.
- True 3 in 1 Wireless Mouse: Bluetooth mode works with Windows/ Android/ MAC OS system. Easy to pair and connect. but for BT5.0 & BT3.0 System just according to the Bluetooth version of your device, Please check and connect the correct system when using the mouse; 2.4GHz mode works with laptop, desktop or any device with a USB port; plug in the USB receiver, plug and play.
- 3 Adjustable DPI Levels: 1000/1600/2400 to meet different needs, comes with a Nano receiver (stored in the back of the mouse). There is no need for any driver, and you can plug and play the wireless mouse directly; advanced TeckNet Tru-Wave optical tracking technology ensures precise tracking on any surface.
- Comfortable & Durable Design: Ergonomic design with an elegant profile, this wireless bluetooth mouse perfectly fits your hands, providing a comfortable using experience. Tested over 5 million times click lifespan ensure long-term stable use.
- Hassle-free Design: Up to 18-months battery life with a battery level indicator. Smart auto-sleep mode saves power (battery life may vary based on user and computing conditions); Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/ 7/ 8/ 10 and Mac OS X / Linux / Android (batteries are NOT included)
- Five customizable buttons
- Contoured design
- USB and Bluetooth connectivity
- Hyperfast scrolling
Logitech is known for consistently creating the niftiest piece of tech, and the Logitech M705 Marathon Wireless Mouse lives up to that reputation.
This mouse has a comfortable grip and contoured shape, making it easier to work with.
It is environmentally friendly and has a battery life of up to 3 years; this mouse is also featured in FPSGadget’s top mice picks of the year.
Furthermore, it has 5 programmable buttons under the tip of your finger that you can customize according to your needs.
This mouse comes with a button that allows you to switch the scrolling speed so that you can enjoy fast-paced scrolling.
This mouse is highly recommended by the community and has a rating of over 4.5 stars on Amazon.
The Logitech M705 Marathon Wireless Mouse is perfect for you if you want a Linux-compatible mouse that boosts your productivity and is within the budget.
- 3-Year Battery Life: This wireless optical mouse features an auto-sleep power-saving mode and on/off switch so you can enjoy up to 3 years (1) of charge on 2 AA batteries
- Designed for Comfort: Sculpted with comfort in mind, your wireless computer mouse follows the natural curve of your right hand, and all controls are within your reach.
- Hyper-fast Scrolling: Dual-mode scrolling lets you switch between speed and precision with a click, so you can fly through long web pages or go line-by-line
- Wireless Freedom: One tiny unifying receiver pairs up to 6 compatible devices, creating a clutter-free workspace; the USB receiver provides a robust and reliable connection within up to 33 feet (3)
- Extra Productivity: This wireless mouse features 5 customizable buttons, including forwarding and back thumb buttons; create shortcuts, jump to full-screen, open applications, and more
- Broad Compatibility: Mouse M705 is compatible with macOS and Windows and is a Works with Chromebook(2) certified product
- Any Location, Any Occasion: M705 is built for hours of comfort; thanks to the sculpted shape plus rubber grips, you can focus on work all day, whether you’re in the office or at your desk at home
- Upgrade to Multi-Device Logitech M720 Triathlon Wireless Mouse: For increased productivity, broad compatibility (Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, iPadOS, Linux), and dual connectivity (USB or Bluetooth)
- Has a thumb pad
- 450 hours battery life
- Six customizable buttons
- Dual modes of connectivity
This Razer gaming mouse is everything to satisfy your need for a gaming mouse for Linux. It has a sleek and modern design with unbeatable features in this price range.
It comes with a 2-year official warranty and lives up to 50 million keystrokes. It has a battery life of 450 hours on Bluetooth and over 285 hours on HyperSpeed wireless.
Unlike other gaming mouses, it has 6 programmable buttons that allow for reconfiguration and assignment of complex macro functions to aid your gaming and programming activities.
The visually appealing design of the Razer Basilisk X Hyperstar Wireless Gaming Mouse is enough to make any gamer go wow and purchase it immediately.
This mouse comes with a thumb pad added to the side and has a contoured design to enhance your comfort while using the mouse.
Furthermore, you can use both Bluetooth or a 2.4 GHz dongle to connect this mouse to any device of your liking.
Lastly, this mouse only weighs 105g, so you will have no trouble carrying it around.
If you want to experience high speed and fantastic performance, go for the Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse. This model comes with everything you will need to enjoy your gaming.
- 25% Faster Than Competing Wireless Mice: The all-new Razer HyperSpeed wireless technology brings together extreme low-latency and interference reduction for true wireless freedom
- Dual Mode Connectivity: Supports Bluetooth for efficient power consumption and HyperSpeed Wireless for lag-free gaming.Max Acceleration (G):40
- 6 Programmable Buttons: Allows for reconfiguration and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
- Up to 450 Hr Battery Life: Lasts 450 hours on Bluetooth, 285 hours on HyperSpeed Wireless.
- Durable Mechanical Switches: Supports up to 50 million clicks, backed by a 2-year warranty
- Adjustable DPI level
- Contoured design
- TruWave technology
- Battery indicator
Like any other TECKNET mouse, this mouse has a very comfortable design. The rubber grip makes it so much easier to hold and use the mouse for hours without feeling any discomfort.
Unlike other regular mice with just 3 DPI levels, the TECKNET pro mouse has 5 adjustable DPI levels (2600/2000/1600/1200/800) and supports many surface types.
It is compatible with multiple operating systems, including Linux, Windows, Chromebook, and many more.
It comes with a click life of over 6 million keystrokes and a 2.4Ghz wireless connection up to 15 meters of distance. Its battery will last up to 24 months, and the manufacturers have also added a battery level indicator to the design.
Furthermore, thoughtful addition to this mouse’s design is the adjustability of the DPI level. You can easily take the DPI from 800 to 2600 within a few seconds. The advanced TruWave technology ensures more control over the cursor.
Invest your money in the TECKNET Pro Wireless Optical Mouse if you are looking for a budget mouse for Linux that fits all your needs.
- Plug & Play – It comes with a tiny USB Nano receiver(stored within the back of the mouse), just plug it into your PC and then forget it. 5 Adjustable DPI Level (2600/2000/1600/1200/800) – choose your own cursor speed
- Hassle-free Design – Up to 24-months battery life with a battery level indicator. Smart auto-sleep mode saves power (battery life may vary based on user and computing conditions)
- TECKNET Tru-Wave technology provides precise, smart cursor control over many surface types. TeckNet Co-Link technology – after pairing, there’s no need to re-establish pairing after a signal loss or shutdown.
- 2.4GHz Wireless – ensures reliable connection with an increased working distance of up to 15m and eliminates delays, dropouts, and interference. Contoured shape with soft rubber grips provides all-day comfort.
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1,10, and Linux. Works with Notebook, Chromebook, PC, Laptop, Computer, and more. (batteries are NOT included)
Logitech MX Master 3 mouse has an innovative design and many nifty features. It has a thumb pad that keeps your thumb away from muscular strain.
Furthermore, the DPI of this mouse goes as high as 4000, which gives remarkable precision to the cursor.
This mouse is climate pledge friendly and certified carbon neutral by SCS Global Services. It features an ultra-quiet electromagnetic scroll wheel for faster scrolling and better precision.
With predefined app-specific profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Edge, you can speed up your workflow.
You can Seamlessly control multiple computers across Windows and macOS with this Flow-enabled mouse. Effortlessly transfer text, images, and files between computers – just copy on one, paste to the other.
It has a very comfortable shape and intuitive thumb controls that allow you to create more intuitively with ideally-placed front/back + gesture buttons and an advanced thumb wheel built of machined steel.
Before you run off to the nearest store to look for the best mouse for Linux for yourself, first, you need to know what makes a mouse best for you. I have taken that headache for you and shortlisted the 5 best mouse based on multiple factors.
All mouse mentioned in this article are fully compatible with Linux and other popular operating systems like Windows, Mac, and Android.
No matter what the intended use of the mouse is, you need to make sure that you go for a model that comes with a comfortable design. This includes a curved and contoured shape that is easier to hold and a rubberized grip so that your hand doesn’t ache afterward.
All mouse in this article has a very comfortable design and modern look.
Are Logitech mice compatible with Linux?
Yes, Logitech mice are compatible with Linux. Logitech is known for creating the best gadgets, and similar to other categories and operating systems, they have also made some of the best models of mice that work well with Linux.
How do I connect a wireless mouse without a USB receiver?
There are a few methods of connecting a wireless mouse to a PC or laptop without using a USB receiver. The first and the most used option is Bluetooth; you can connect your mouse via Bluetooth to a device. The second option is through WiFi.
If you need to enjoy the benefits of a mouse compatible with Linux, you need to ensure that you are going for the best mouse for Linux. The article above contains the 5 best models that I have personally tested, and to make the final decision easier, I am sharing my top recommendations.
- TECKNET 3 Modes Bluetooth Wireless Mouse comes with an ambidextrous design and offers DPI adjustability.
- Razer Basilisk X Hyperstar Wireless Gaming Mouse has a comfortable thumb pad, 6 customizable buttons, and dual connectivity modes.
- Logitech MX Master 3 Advanced Wireless Mouse comes with out-of-the-box features like drag and drop copy-paste from different computers and multiple profiles for different software.